Berlin ein Herz für Musik Musik

Berlin ein Herz für Musik Musik

Für unterwegs

APP FeteBerlin
fetedelamusique_logo

Berlin

Berlin has celebrated Fête de la Musique every Summer Solstice since 1995. Every June 21st the streets vibrate with free concerts throughout all districts of the city. Fête de la Musique Berlin welcomes tens of thousands of visitors, who enjoy hundreds of bands, orchestras and diverse music groups. For this years 23rd Fête de la Musique more than 125.000 visitors discovered 700 music groups that performed at the 116 fixed locations. Behind the scenes there is a lot of work involved, all of the partners are strongly dedicated to Fête de la Musique Berlin. The utmost gratitude goes out to all of the musicians who play without getting paid.

How will Fête de la Musique Berlin continue? We, the Fête-Team, do not know anything about that matter.

The Fête de la Musique Berlin is 30% financed by the Governing Mayor – Senate Chancellery resp. The Senate Administration for Culture and Europe and 70% funded by the German Lottery Foundation Berlin. Also with the Lottery Foundation Berlin, funding was always dependent on political will. The funding through the German Lottery Foundation Berlin for the years 2015-17 ended now as expected. There was no new proposal handed in, because the Senate Chancellery Berlin promised continuous funding.

The biennial budget for the years 2018-19 is going to be discussed in the parliamentary commissions this fall and will be resolved by the end of the year through Berlin city Parliament. We do not know if or for how much the funding for Fête de la Musique Berlin will be considered. Even though FêteBerlin is a festivity of the city of Berlin, funding shortfalls and a lack of planning reliability are determined. Hence, from todays point of view the future of Fête de la Musique Berlin is completely uncertain.

We kindly ask for understanding, that the Fête-Team will no longer be available for organizing FêteBerlin in consideration of unsystematic practice of funding.

Now it’s the turn of the city of Berlin!

 

Für unterwegs

APP FeteBerlin