Fête de la Musique, held on the 21st of June, is a music festival open for all participants and visitors. To assure the day is peaceful and orderly, participants will need to follow the rules. As in cities all over the world, Berlin requires permits for open air music from local authorities to protect the common good. Compliance with the following regulations is required to receive necessary permits for the Fête de la Musique and future events.
- SPONTANEOUS Street music/acoustic music without electric amplification is allowed throughout the city of Berlin between 4pm and 10pm. As there are twelve official permits (only in german) for every district of Berlin, we do not recomment to print it. Here you can find the official permit of Mitte as an example.
- There are 86 open air locations in 12 districts of Berlin who have registered with Fête Company. It is allowed to perform at these locations between 4pm and 10pm with electrical amplification. These stages have acquired permits for electrically generated music in accordance with the official authorization of the §11 Landes- Immissionsschutzgesetzes (noise pollution act) of Berlin.
- Electrically amplified street music is not permitted, whether from looping, amplifiers, loud speakers, battery fueled instruments/machines, etc.
- Music is not allowed near protected establishments such as hospitals, places of worship, schools during study hours and memorials.
- Music is not allowed to be performed outdoors after 10pm.
These rules were prepared in respect and consideration for our fellow human beings. Many thanks for your cooperation with these rules.