Since its beginning in 1995 the Fête de la Musique in Berlin is organized by Fête Company. From a small procession it has now become one of the largest and finest music festivals in the city. Fête de la Musique, as it is celebrated around the world, is strictly non-commercial and does not profit from revenues.
The Fête de la Musique – Berlin is 35% financed by the Governing Mayor – Senate Chancellery resp. The Senate Administration for Culture and Europe and 65% funded by the German Lottery Foundation Berlin. Every year there are tens of thousands of people who celebrate this cost-free festival in all of the districts of Berlin. Also, hundreds of bands and musicians are performing on June 21st in Berlin. Thanks very much to all of them, especially because they are playing without getting paid.
The music program performed on more than 100 stages in the city of Berlin will be published online mid-May.
1998-2004 “Die Gestalten”, from 2005 until today “BrandNewHistory”
Fête de la Musique Berlin posters 1998 to date
The FETEberlin is one of the highlights in Berlin every year. For its visitors it is connected with the discovery of musical newcomers and personal relationships that might even lead to close friendships and sometimes even to love stories. In order to make the memories unforgettable, we created an overview of the FETE Programs from 1997 until today. We apologize that the years 1995 and 1996 are not digitally available.
FETEberlin thanks the Berlin District Offices and the Police Departments. FETEberlin is made possible with the help of many partners.